Sorry, fellahs— I don’t mean to hate on your game, but I’ve just gotta give away some of your secrets to the ladies. Don’t worry though: most of these are “common sense” things.
(p.s. I don’t agree with the things that I’ve crossed out)
1) If a man wants you, nothing can keep him away.
2) If he doesn’t want you, nothing can make him stay.
3) STOP making excuses for a man and his behavior.
4) If you have any doubt in your mind about a man’s character,
5) Allow your intuition (or spirit) to save you from heartache.
6) Stop trying to change yourself for a relationship that’s not meant to be.
7) Don’t force an attraction.
8 ) Slower is better.
9) Never live your life for a man before you find what makes you truly happy.
10) If a relationship ends because the man was not treating you, as you deserve, then heck no you can’t “be friends.” A friend wouldn’t mistreat a friend.
11) Have faith [in God] regarding your relationship, but don’t let faith make you stupid. (God does things decent and in order.)
12) Don’t settle. If you feel like he is stringing you along, then he probably is. If he keeps changing his mind about the relationship, take that as a BIG sign that he is unstable. Do you really want to be with a man like that? Don’t stay because you think, “it will get better.” You’ll be mad at yourself a year later for staying when things are not better.
13) Honorable men take care of their business and aren’t involved in a whole lot of mess.
14) The only person you can control in a relationship is YOU.
15) There’s only one ‘reason’ a man dumps you: he doesn’t want you.
16) Avoid men who’ve got a bunch of children by a bunch of different women. He didn’t marry them when he got them pregnant, why would he treat you any different? Plus, do you really wanna deal with all that “Baby Mama Drama”???
17) You really do have to kiss a few frogs before finding the prince.
18) Always put yourself and your happiness first.
19) Always have your own set of friends separate from his.
20) Maintain boundaries in how a guy treats you.
21) If something bothers you, speak up.
22) Like from the show Sex and the City: if he doesn’t call, he just isn’t that interested.
23) Be honest and up-front. Know when to cut the cord, don’t be strung along don’t fall for the “I’m confused” role. Remove yourself from the situation to let him figure things out (but don’t wait for him, move on).
24) If you want to have a clue as to how he will treat you, watch how he treats ALL the women in his family (not just his mom).
25) There’s more than physical abuse; there’s emotional and mental abuse. If he causes any of them…flee.
26) You cannot change a man’s behaviors. Change comes from within.
27) Don’t let him place double standards or rules on you that he is not willing to follow himself.
28) Don’t EVER make him feel he is more important than you are…even if he has more education or a better job.
29) Do not make him into a quasi-god. He is a man; nothing more, nothing less.
30) Demand respect and if he can’t give it, he can’t get you.
31) Don’t compete with other women, BUT be aware that men are attracted to what they see.
32) Never let a man define who you are.
33) Never rely on a man for compliments, look to yourself for that.
34) Never ‘borrow’ someone else’s man. If he cheated with you, he WILL cheat on you.
35) Just because he says he loves you, it doesn’t mean that he won’t hurt you. & it doesn’t mean that you are meant to be with him.
36) To use painful hard-won wisdom-’get it right’ the next time.
37) Love is a verb.
38) Deal with your issues before pursuing a new relationship.
41) NEVER give more in a relationship than you are getting out of it.
42) When actions and words conflict, believe the actions. Respond to the actions.
43) A real healthy relationship requires two people. One person can end it but it takes two to make it work.
44) Don’t fall for the “I’m not the loving type”.
45) Give him his space. Let him go out with his boys, don’t pressure him to spend time with you.
46) If you wouldn’t allow your daughter to be with him, then you shouldn’t be with him.
47) Never let a man know everything. He will use it against you later.
48) Never move into his mother’s house.
49) Never co-$ign for a man.
50) Never believe you have the perfect guy and he is so innocent.
51) Never spoil your man; let him spoil you.
52) Never let a man mess up your credit. [rzn] repeat. (see #49)
53) When it’s time to let go, let go!
54) Good men should be treated like good men. Don’t play games.
55) You can’t make a hoe into a house
56) Don’t fully commit to a man who doesn’t give you everything that you
57) Compatibility in terms of educational attainment, values, beliefs, personal and career goals, and socioeconomic status are also important.
58) Never date a guy who wears colored contacts.
59) When a man loves you, there is nothing in this world (within reason) that he wouldn’t do for you.
60) Make him miss you sometimes. When a man always know where you are and you’re always readily available to him he takes it for granted
61) NOT all men are dogs.
62) You should not be the only one doing all the bending; compromise is a two way street.
63) If you don’t love yourself, you can’t love anyone else.
64) You cannot mend someone else’s broken heart.
65) You need time to heal between relationships. Besides, there is nothing cute about baggage. [rzn] repeat. (see #38)
66) Know that you deserve to be the number one person in the life of the #1 person in your life.
67) Look for someone complimentary, not supplementary.
68) If you think he’s cheating, he probably is.
69) Confront him right away
70) Actions speak louder than words. [rzn] repeat. (see #42)
71) Keep him in your radar but get to know others.
72) Provide financially for yourself and don’t depend on anyone.
73) You can’t force a man to hang out with you.
74) A relationship consists of two WHOLE individuals.
76) If you feel like something’s wrong, it probably is so look into it. [rzn] repeat. (see #68)
77) If he spends more time chatting online (with other females) then he does talking to you. It probably isn’t as innocent as he says it is.
78) A man who truly loves you for you will never compare to an ex or some random girl off the street.
79) If a man ever talks bad about an ex or belittle her in front of you, he either 1) is not over her; 2) wants to make you feel more important; or 3) just wants to see how you’ll react.
80) If you only get a call to hook up or every meeting is about sex, then that’s
81) You cant turn a booty call into a husband or an easy piece of ass into a housewife, so dont try. [rzn] repeat. (see #55)
82) A married man will [usually] never leave his wife and family, so why waste your time? If he does, then he will do to you with someone else what you did with him when he was married. Besides, why in the world would you ever wanna be known as The Homewrecker?
83) If a man lies about the little stuff, like education or job, then he will lie about the important stuff… like loving you and being faithful.
84) If a man doesn’t take care of kids he already has, he wont take care of any he has with you. Dont give him any. [rzn] repeat. (see #16)
85) Never bother with a “man” who’s still a mama’s boy— 9 out of 10 times he just wants a woman to be just like his mom: take care of him, do everything for him, and get nothing in return. You’re better off alone.